Annike: Hey guys so even though it’s a little late, here are the books that Zoe and I want to read in the month of October. Let us know what you think if you have or want to read any of them!
- One by Sarah Crossan: I had never previously seen a book about conjoined twins and then in the same month I picked up two! Yes, I read Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee last month and like One, that was about conjoined twins. I didn’t like Gemini too much but I am hoping One is a little better and I’m interested in read about how this book is similar and different.
- Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult: The only Jodi Picoult book that I have read has been My Sister’s Keeper which was of course brilliant. This book looks absolutely heartbreaking and so poignant which means I’m so excited to get to it!
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood: I actually have to read this book for school but I have been looking at it for a while and am really interested by its blurb. I do know it’s meant to be quite a deep and confronting story but I’m hoping to like it and maybe watch the TV show too…
- When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah: I really liked the idea of this book and the way it looks at refugees. I saw a review of it once on WordPress a little while ago and figured at the library that I would need my monthly dose of contemporary so added it to the list.
- Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu: When I saw this book I immediately fell in love with the cover. It has the most beautiful cover and I thought the premise looked really interesting. It follows 5 different Teens who are all struggling with problems who all meet at a camp. I hope this book is as good as it looks.
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard: I picked this up because it looked like a really cute, creative YA contemporary book. I don’t know what the reviews are like on this book but I think Annike has read it and said she enjoyed it. Hopefully its not too clique.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: This book has been raved about so much and when I finally got my hands on it I decided I should probably give it a go. I have started this book and am about 50 pages in. So far I am SUPER confused but I am hoping to push through and really love it!
- Wool by Hugh Howey: I have no idea what to expect from this book. I picked it up and decided, why not? It is a dystopian novel about the world of wool, a world of of death where the air you breath can kill you. It looks super fun and engaging so I hope this is a good one!
Zoe: So that is it for our October TBR. We hope you all read some amazing books this month and have a good October! If you have read any of the books we have mentioned above or have any recommendations on what to read which you think we will like, make to tell us in the comments below. We love hearing and responding to all your comments. Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a good October and we will be back with a review soon. x