Annike: Hey guys, Zoe and I wanted to let you guys know some of the books that we will be looking forward to read this month. I’ll be honest and say that a lot of the time Zoe and I don’t end up reading all 4 of these books but I guess we try… 🙂
- Violent Ends by Shaun David Hutchinson and 16 others: So this book is actually all about a school shooting which while being absolutely awful often isn’t a very popular topic in young adult fiction. The book is written by 17 popular young adult authors, each of which have their own chapter and perspective that all shape the idea of who the shooter was and how he impacted the lives of those around him. I will definitely have a review up of this book because I have a feeling I’m really going to enjoy it!
- The Lake House by Kate Morton: So I actually just started listening to this book and it is over 20 hours long! I know that it is probably going to take me like over the month to read it but it sounds like a really good historical/crime novel so I’m expecting good things.
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland: Of course I need my monthly dose of contemporary fiction so I figure this book can be that for me. I don’t often read books with male protagonists but from what I have started so far I can tell that Henry is going to be a really good narrator with a loveable teenage wit about him.
- When Dimply Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon: I’m pretty sure everyone on WordPress knows about this book by now because of how hyped it has been lately. I have had it on my TBR for a while and actually bought it a couple months ago but I really hope it will live up to my expectations. I have seen some mixed reviews so far and I really know I need to make sure the hype doesn’t catch up with me and make the boom less enjoyable than it should!
- If You’re Lucky by Yvonne Prinz: I picked up this book from the library around a month ago and haven’t really been able to get into it. I am about 20 pages in but am hoping it gets a bit more exciting and that I get really stuck into it as it sounds like a really interesting mystery/crime novel which is a genre I haven’t read in a while!
- Debutantes by Cora Harrison: I know I said I would read this last month but I didn’t have enough time to get around to it. I have started this, but since the beginning of last month I haven’t really picked this one up. I really want to get around to finishing this so let’s hope August is the month to do so.
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult: I recently watched this movie and thought it was so heart-breaking and beautiful that I decided I needed to read the book. This book is always quite daunting as it is so long, but I am hoping that when I start I will love it.
- Thin Space by Jody Casella: This is a book which has been on my TBR since mid-last year and I never decided to start it. I think it looks really interesting and ever since I read the premise have been really intrigued by the story so I hope I can finish it this month!
Zoë: Thanks for reading guys! Hope you enjoyed getting to see our reading goals for August. If you have read any of the books above, tell us if you enjoyed them in the comments below. Thanks again for reading and have a good rest of the week! We will be back with another post soon. x