Annike: Hey guys, it’s Annike here and I have been meaning to finally get around to doing The Blogger Recognition award that we were tagged in by Adoptabookaus, over a month ago so here I am today and thank you so much to Casey for the nomination.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to
How TwinTales started:
So, this isn’t necessarily the most exciting story in the world but overall, in around 2014 and 2015 I began reading a lot of books and really enjoying these books. Last year I got to over 120 books in the year and so a few people told me that I should start a blog to review these books and ultimately get something else out of reading.
I was pretty apprehensive at first because I wasn’t really sure about how any of this blogging stuff worked but eventually I agreed to it and was able to reign in Zoe, who had only recently began reading for enjoyment. And from there, we got the name of our blog, set up the website and continue to post and gain lovely readers 🙂
Advice to New Bloggers
Not sure that I am technically qualified to give advice but anyways…
- To new bloggers especially I think it is important to really stay true to your voice and the way that you want to write and what you want to write about, because if writing is really natural then I think blogging becomes a lot more fun. On this theme, it is important not to make blogging and posting seem like a chore because in reality it should be something you really enjoy and stressing over when to put posts up and how often is totally unnecessary.
- Of course, my second piece if advice is to be active on WordPress. Show your support to blogs that you like and try as hard as you can to become a real part of the community. This means liking and commenting on peoples posts because this ultimately opens your blog up for different people to discover and enjoy. I found this was one of the first ways that our blog really began to grow, rather than simply staying at the same pace.
So there we go, thanks for reading guys! Here are some of the blogs that I nominate (sorry if you have already been nominated or don’t wish to participate):
Thanks for reading guys, Zoe and/or I will be back later in the week! x