Annike: Hey guys, it’s just Annike here today and I decided to do the I Dare You Book Tag that I was tagged in by Bookfandom1001 who to my knowledge also made the tag which is really cool, so go and have a look at her blog! Without further ado, let’s get into it.
-You must be honest
-You can’t no answer a question
-You have to tag at least four people
1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Technically it hasn’t been on my physical shelves but the book See Jane Run by Hannah Jayne has been on my ibooks for ages and I even read the first 10 pages and then just never returned to it 🙄
2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
My current read is My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga, my last read was Let it Snow by John Green and the book I’ll read next will probably be Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale but I guess you never quite know.
3. What book(s) did everyone like and you hated?
I’m going to take Bookfandom1001’s answer and say Looking For Alaska by John Green because I absolutely hated that book! Another John Green book I didn’t enjoy was actually An Abundance of Katherine’s so there are two there.
4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Hmmm, probably the second City of Bones book in the series which I think is called City of Ashes, but I’ll probably never get to it because the first one wasn’t good enough to keep me hooked.
5. Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
Well, that is a looong way away, I guess I’m not sure what kind of books I’ll be reading in 50 years.
6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
I sometimes will read the last page of a book but only when I am part way through so I know the characters and plot and the last page actually makes sense. I know that Zoe is always reading the back page of books so I’m always getting her to stop!
7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
Unusually I actually really enjoy the acknowledgement page at the end of books and often read it 🙂
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Probably all! Haha, of course there is Harry Potter but other than that maybe Andie from The Unexpected Everything because she has such a great group of friends surrounding her.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
The book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver always reminds me of my America holiday because I got the book when we were over there once, and it was actually the book that got me to start reading again, even though I didn’t actually like it very much!
10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way?
The book Home Front Girl by Joan Wehlen Morrison I got from my primary school for being the school captain there, and I ended up reading it this year… like 3 years later.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
No I don’t think so, I tend just to gift books I think people will enjoy.
12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
Maybe, The Council of Mirrors by Michael Buckley, because that was one of the Sister’s Grimm series that I adored and went with me to Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Las Vegas and California.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I’m still in highschool so I guess none yet…
14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
I once found like a fortune in a book from a fortune cookie that said something about giving gifts, which was weird…?
15. Used or brand new?
I don’t really mind at all. A book is a book.
16. Have you ever read a Dan Brown?
17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
I think I liked the I am Number Four movie more than the book and it almost got me motivated enough to keep going with the series. But not quite 😊
18. A book that should NEVER have been published.
Haha, even though this seems like such a rude thing to say to an author, a book I really didn’t like was one called If I Die Young by Talia Jager. By no means would I not want Talia to be able to publish the book because I really love the premise but I just found the dialogue really cringe worthy and difficult to connect with.
19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
Not that I can remember, no but possibly at one point.
20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take? My friend Jenny she always gives me great advice on books.
I will mostly always take Zoe’s book advice but since we read very different styles of books I don’t always take her up on it but I can say I carefully consider it 🙂
Annike: Thanks for reading guys that was a really fun tag to do actually! We will be back later in the week for another post and sorry about this one being a bit later than usual.
Aliza and Haven @ Musings and Books
Stephanie @ Stevie’s Bookshelf
Lia @ Lost In a Story
Bex @ My shelf and Myself